There are organizations in many towns and cities created to support those going through cancer care, survivors, and caregivers. Ask your hospital or clinic about offerings they may have from integrative therapies, to support groups, to financial assistance. There is also a wealth of information online. Find here a compilation of some of these resources. Use the Contact button above to share other resources you have found helpful.
- American Cancer Society: National Cancer Survivorship Resource Center is a collaboration between the American Cancer Society and the George Washington University Cancer Institute funded by a 5-year cooperative agreement from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Check often, as information and resource sections continually updated.
- American Association of Naturopathic Physicians is the professional organization for licensed naturopathic doctors in the USA. Use their find an ND tool.
- AntiCancer Lifestyle Program offers online information and programming for those in treatment and beyond.
- BCAction a national education and advocacy organization that works to achieve health justice through a social justice lens by tackling the root causes of health inequities while focusing on offering resources and information to those touched by breast cancer.
- CancerCare® provides free, professional support services including case management, counseling, support groups, educational workshops, publications and financial assistance to anyone affected by cancer. All CancerCare services are provided by oncology social workers and world-leading cancer experts.
- Cancer.net provides timely, oncologist-approved, information to help patients and families make informed health care decisions.
- Cancer Support Community is dedicated to ensuring that all people impacted by cancer are empowered by knowledge, strengthened by action, and sustained by community.
- Caregiver Resource from the American Cancer Society. An excellent compilation of practical and supportive ideas and recommendations.
- Casting for Recovery provides outdoor retreats for women with breast cancer, of all ages, in all stages of treatment, and recovery. Application required.
- Debt.org provides listing for financial support for medical care, non-medical expenses, housing and transportation.
- Epic Experience Beyond Cancer Colorado Camping trips and other outdoors events for cancer patients and cancer survivors.
- Foundation 96 provides an innovative online integrated and evidence-based supportive care community for people transitioning from cancer treatment to everyday life.
- FORCE (Facing Hereditary Cancer Empowered) Provides broad information and leads related to recent research, clinical trials and opportunities for support for those who have genetics that predispose them to cancer.
- IThrivePlan offers a host of podcast recordings of topics of interest to cancer patients and survivors.
- KNOW: Knowledge in Integrative Oncology Website is a dynamic clinical, research, and educational tool that allows you to quickly access up-to-date research on natural agents in cancer care. (cost involved.)
- Imerman Angels: A cancer support community that provides personalized one-on-one connections among cancer patients, survivors, and caregivers.
- Institute for Natural Medicine: the public facing organization for the naturopathic profession. Their website is filled with information and inspiration for natural medicine approaches to many ailments. Use their Find an ND tool.
- Livestrong:provides information, inspiration and support for those people and families touched by cancer. One of their programs, in partnership with the YMCA, offers free or low cost programs for cancer patients and survivors.
- Nancy’s List :for people and their loved ones who have or had cancer, provides resources, support, and activities with the idea that no one should have to go through cancer alone.
- National Cancer Institute: Part of the U.S. National Institutes of Health. provides information on cancer types, topics, and statistics as well as clinical trial enrollment and results.
- National Coalition for Cancer Survivorship :Their mission is to advocate for quality cancer
care for all people touched by cancer.
- Oncology Association of Naturopathic Physicians:Their vision is to enhance survival and quality of life for people living with cancer through the integration of naturopathic medicine in cancer care. See their find an ND tool.
- Reel :Reel Recovery is a national non-profit organization that conducts free fly fishing retreats for men living with all forms of cancer.
Savor Health offers free personalized nutrition support free via text for cancer patients and survivors
Total Health: Advancing Care Through Education: There are support groups with online and in-person gathering all across the world, a basic internet search can help you be in touch with others for support and encouragement, as well as shared information.