From the Kitchen of Amy Rothenberg ND
As an avid juicer, I am always looking for ways to use the pulp that’s left over from the juicing process. It’s also the time of year where we are IN THE ZUCCHINIS from our own garden, our neighbors’ gardens and the share we pick up at our CSA. So, a recipe that gets me to use both these ingredients is just what I am after in deep summer.
Ingredients to make a dozen:
- ¼ cup coconut oil, melted
- ¼ cup honey or maple syrup or a mix, less if you prefer less sweet
- ½ cup applesauce
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups sprouted spelt flour or gluten free flour mix or white flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ cup juicer pulp
- 1 small (or ½ of a large) zucchini, shredded
- ½ cup almond, soy or dairy milk
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Mix the dry ingredients in one bowl.
Mix all the wet ingredients in another.
Stir the wet ingredients into the dry until fully combined.
Mix in the juice pulp and shredded zucchini.
Scoop into an ungreased muffin tin and bake for 12-15 minutes.
These always taste different depending on what sort of juice you made. In a recent batch I had juiced carrots, beets, ginger and peaches!