When you live in New England you know the joy of apple season. There’s nothing like it, with so many varieties and a rainbow of colors. The crisp snap of a MacIntosh, goes right along with leaves crunching under my feet and the nighttime air turning cooler. These muffins will warm you right up. Enjoy!
- 1 ¾ cups flour of your choice
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup grated apple
- 1 cup apple diced into ¼ inch cubes
- 1/3 cup melted coconut oil or extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ cup maple syrup or honey
- 2 eggs, preferably at room temperature
- ½ cup plain Greek yogurt (I used full-fat but any variety should do)
- ½ cup applesauce
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon sugar for sprinkling on top if you like
Add the dry ingredients together in one bowl, the liquid in another. Combine.
Fill 12 muffin tins to just the top, bake at 425 for 10-15 minutes test with a toothpick!