When my kids were little—I had 3 under the age of 4— I remember thinking sometimes they just seemed like pin balls, they’d get all stirred up from whatever they were playing, they’d be zipping around the house or yard, bouncing from one place to the next, sometimes they’d seem to disappear.
When I started making these high healthy fat, high protein snacks, seemed like just the right name for them because you can whip ‘em up fast, you press this way and that and they disappear just as quick!
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 1/2 cup plus 2 TBSP organic peanut butter or almond butter. I usual do half and half, love the flavor!
- 1/4 cup honey other liquid sweetener of your choice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract or a little more
- 1/3 cup protein powder of choice, I use a no flavor, pea based one
- 1/3 cup flaxseed meal
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon or a little less
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds or sesame seeds or sunflower seeds or any combination thereof
- 1 tablespoon mini chocolate chips or regular
- 1/4 cup of shredded coconut
- 1 TBSP coconut oil
Throw everything but the chocolate chips in a food processer, use the chop feature—you’re not trying to liquify. Will be crumbly when you take it out. Add in those delicious chocolate chips and start rolling. You can roll in shredded coconut if you like. A one and a half inch diameter ball holds together well. Store in an airtight container in the fridge, or make a double batch & freeze some. They really won’t go bad for a very long time.